Last year I put together a pickup group, mostly of musicians from Microsoft for the United Way/King County day of caring. It was the best band I’ve ever played with and for an amateur, very exhillerating. I called us the Dissonance.
This year I figured I couldn’t pull it off again until Brad e-mailed me to ask me if we were going to do it again. I got the buzz and it took off. We played the following songs:
- Take Five – Paul Desmond
- Summertime – George Gershwin
- On Green Dolphin Street – arranged by Victor Lopez
- Groovin’ Hard – Don Menza
- Misty – Erroll Garner
- Blues in the Night – arranged by Calvin Custer
- Tastes Like Chicken – Kris Berg
- Jumpin’ at the Woodside – Count Basie
- Jungle Boogie – arranged by Victor Lopez
- Burritos to Go – Victor Lopez
- Harlem Nocturne – Earle Hagen
- Night and Day – Cole Porter
I’ve added a photo album that is featured as the primary to this site right now. Enjoy!