I like having projects, lots of them. But some sit on the whiteboard as a ToDo list thang for *way* too long.
So what kind of things are on my whiteboard today. Here’s a snapshot in the life of me.
- PDF a new chart for the GOLD Big Band (All I Need is the Girl)
- Fix leak under kitchen sink and replace rotten wood under there
- Repair/replace the Little Library in the Waxen Park
- Pressure wash the driveway
- Paint wall in entryway
- Clean Garage (this has been on my list for over five years)
- Fix patio door
- Paint siding patches the same color as siding
- Clear upstairs hallway
- Remove and recycle patio awning
What is the chance that when I happen to look at this post years from now that some of these might be done? Besides using the results from the chore, much of the joy comes from actually completing a job. This week, for example, I was happy to finally (and with the help of my phone service provider) remove three old devices from my account, enroll in autopay/paperless billing, and add the military discount to my account. So much joy!
I hafta say that some jobs that I delay because I think they will be gnarly actually turn out to be amazingly simple. For example changing out the worn out shocks in the SUV back door only took 10 minutes… if that? You live for chores like that.