Listening to Astrud Gilberto sing this as it rains outside my window. This is one of those weeks when I spend some time contemplating what my goals for next year might be. Suzy, Deb, and I already have plans to visit Hawaii on a cruise of all the islands. That will be the highlight of our 2016 I do believe.
Rain calms me, when I’m inside looking out at it, listening to it. There is no faster way at night to put me to sleep than when I’m listening the rhythmic rain pattering on our roof. Living in the northwest (US), I like to say in the winter that rain is not bad compared to the snow most of the rest of the US gets.
‘kay so here are some of my favorite songs about rain in no particular order. Feel free to click the first link below as the soundtrack to the rest of this post.
1. The Waters of March ~ Susannah McCorkle (a favorite I go back to all the time)
2. Have You Ever Seen the Rain ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival
3. Fire and Rain ~ James Taylor
4. No Rain ~ Blind Melon
5. Singing in the Rain ~ Gene Kelly
6. Rainy Day Women ~ Bob Dylan
7. The Rain Song ~ Zeppelin
8. Rhythm of the Rain ~ Cascades
9. Here Comes the Rain Again ~ Eurythmics
10. Rain ~ Beatles