“I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
“The fact is, we pay for the lifestyle we expect. Without taxes, our lifestyles would be totally different and much harder. America would be a third world country. The less we pay, the less we get in return. Americans pay less taxes today since 1958 and is ranked 32nd out of 34 of the top tax paying countries. Chile and Mexico are 33rd and 34th.
The Republicans are lying when they say that we pay the highest taxes in the world and are only attacking taxes to reward corporations and the wealthy and to weaken our infrastructure and way of life.” ~ Stephen Foster, Jr.
So, you’re a Republican or Libertarian who hates taxes? Well, since you do not like taxes or government, let me know which of the following from this list (compiled by Stephen D. Foster Jr. of AddictingInfo) you are willing to give up in exchange? This tripe the Republicans are trying to sell reminds me of the lady who felt that if there were no policemen, there would be no crime.
1. Do not use Medicare.
2. Do not use Social Security
3. Do not become a member of the US military, who are paid with tax dollars.
4. Do not ask the National Guard to help you after a disaster.
5. Do not call 911 when you get hurt.
6. Do not call the police to stop intruders in your home.
7. Do not summon the fire department to save your burning home.
8. Do not drive on any paved road, highway, and interstate or drive on any bridge.
9. Do not use public restrooms.
10. Do not send your kids to public schools.
11. Do not put your trash out for city garbage collectors.
Read the rest of this surprising list at 102 Things NOT to do I You Hate Taxes.