Suzy is in the throes of cleaning up her rental house for the next tenants. So far she has patched holes in the walls and is working on the locks. By the middle of October I would expect that she would have finished the following things:
1. Paint exterior of house. – done
2. Carpets vacuumed, cleaned, and as needed replaced. – done
3. House cleaned professionally. – done
4. Dishwasher replaced.
5. Counters resurfaced, Suzy has selected a brown, black speckled granite laminate.
6. Cabinets repaired in kitchen.
7. Broken lock on sliding door replaced.
8. Gutters rehung.
9. Shutters hung.
10. Some more doors hung.
11. Run the rest of the trash to the dump.
The three elephants in the china shop projects are, as I see it:
1. Reshingling the roof.
2. Resurfacing the driveway.
3. Dealing with the cherry tree out back.
Here are some pictures of completed projects:
And here are some indications of the work to be done:
Suzy has really done a lot of work so far. And the new tenants are excited to move in, probably in November. The nice thing is that Nate and Emily are moving in and are part of our extended family. They have a very good reputation for quality work. For example they helped Wendy and Aaron put crown molding in their home. Life is good.